God's Wisdom: 1 Corinthians 2


Hey y'all! I am currently writing this the same day that I wrote my last blog post! I don't think I'll post same day though. It's about three in the afternoon and I am listening to a new (to me) James Taylor record I picked up last time we went to Kentucky. Mud Slide Slim for $4, people! Rock on! (Does anyone still say "Rock on!" or is that just me being the old lady at heart that I am? Also, is it wrong to listen to James Taylor while writing about Jesus? These are the things I wonder about.)

Anyway, I was looking through my "blog inspo" Pinterest board this afternoon and I remembered that I've been wanting to write about one of my favorite chapters of one of my favorite books of the Bible, 1 Corinthians! Specifically today, 1 Corinthians 2. I'll post the bit that we will be focusing on today here:

1 Corinthians 2:6-16 "However, we do speak a wisdom among the mature, but not a wisdom of this age, or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. On the contrary, we speak God's hidden wisdom in a mystery, a wisdom God predestined before the ages of our glory. None of the rulers of this age knew this wisdom, for if they had known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written:

What eye did not see and ear did not hear, and what never entered the human mind - God prepared this for those who love Him."

I'm just going to go over verse nine here again: "But as it is written: What eye did not see and ear did not hear, and what never entered the human mind - God prepared this for those who love Him."

I love this part of this Scripture, because it tells us the good news that through the Spirit, we receive the mind of Christ. When we have the Holy Spirit inside us, the Spirit helps us to understand things that the human mind alone cannot understand. What a gift!

To give some context of this book, Paul wrote the Corinthians books to the church of Corinth, as sort of letters. Paul was someone who felt so unqualified and inadequate. But the message came through anyway. Our life of faith is a response to God's power. God wants us to be spiritually alive. He wants to let the Spirit work within us that He can use us for His glory!

My goal right now is to be able to say that I am spiritually alive. I want the Spirit to be so prevalent inside of me that everyone can see it! My hope is that these Scriptures and this post make you think on these things. This week, try praying and asking the Holy Spirit to come alive inside of you. I know it will make Him so happy. He wants to come into your heart. You just have to let Him in!

I know these blog posts are getting shorter by the day, but that's because I NEED INSPIRATION! Leave comments of topic ideas for me! See y'all soon!



Comments

Popular Posts